Good health starts from the very infancy. A healthy child develops into a healthy adult. In case the child does not grow properly, and he remains handicapped in some way, his ill-health spoils his adult life. He cannot join any active service; he cannot be a successful professional, nor can he live his life happily.
Health is real wealth. A healthy person is an asset to himself, to his family and to his community. On the other hand an ailing person is a burden on all.
Health is the pivot upon which a man’s whole personality and its well-being depend. An ailing and aching body saps the enthusiasm for pursuit. Unwholesome feelings and sensations retard the pace of functional activity, economic development and spiritual uplift.
Health cannot be achieved merely by taking one or two pills everyday or by observing a few restrictions. It can be achieved only by understanding what health is, on what it depends and then applying this knowledge in everyday life.
The care of the body regarding food, cleanliness, exercise, rest and protection against disease, are essential for the preservation of sound health. Life is for living. Without health, life is deprived of not only much of its usefulness but also its joys and pleasures.
Characteristics of an ideal Healthcare Setup
The ideal health system has to achieve three goals; attaining good health for the people, being responsive to the expectation of the people and maintaining fairness in financial contribution for obtaining a service. Good health or the best attainable average level of health for the people, which results from the activities of the health system, requires resources. Fairness ensures that the difference in attention of the health systems to individuals and groups is maintained at smallest possible level. Health system has four major functions conceptually namely; generating resources, efficient financial management and organization of the infrastructure and finally delivery of services.
We, at Seva Bharti, strive to generate resources for providing health care services to the underprivileged people at a very subsidized rate, and make efficient use of the resources, both material and personnel and deliver proper services to the target group to the best of their benefit.
Sewa Bharti’s Healthcare Wing
Sewa Bharti’s health wing has been operational in Punvarsh Sibir, J.J. Colony, and backward settlements and slums areas since the last 32 years now. Following on the principles of Swami Vivekananda, Serving Humanity, Serving God, Seva Bharti has established 21 fixed centres and 1 mobile centre across Delhi. There are 23 doctors and 7 assistants who have been rendering their services to the needy communities through these centres. In the year 2013-2014, the Health wing of Seva Bharti has treated almost 1,57,201 patients.
In case of any natural calamity, Seva Bharti’s health wing is always ready to extend it support and attend to the needs of the grief stricken people.
Seva Bharti Health Centres:
It would be really worthwhile to have a look at the Seva Bharti’s Health Wing’s different achievements in different places. Following are the different achievements of Seva Bharti’s Health Wing:
- Seva Bharti’ Dental Care was established in Karol Bagh on 14th September, 2013.
- Started the Medical Van project in Ambedkar Stadium on 2nd October, 2013.
- On 19th November, 2013, Seva Bharti’s Medical Centre was established.
- 25th November, 2013 saw the establishment of Seva Bharti’s Arogya Seva Kendra, by Mr. Suresh Khandelwal.
- On 13 December, 2013 Bhaiya Joshi ji entered Vajirabad Medical Department.
- On 13th January, 2014, Bhaiya Joshi ji started medical social service at Nutan Marathi Hall, Pahar Ganj, Medical van, doctors and medicines were arranged there.
Seva Bharti Health Wing’s support to different projects:
- The exhibition organized for Bhartiya Kisan Sangh on 13th September, 2013, at Ram Leela Maidan, was supported by Sewa Bharti’s Health Wing with doctors, ambulance and medicines.
- A medical van was sent for the support of Migrant Hindu’s from Pakistan.
- The procession that took place on the occasion of Krishna Janmastami from Jhandewalan Temple Society, on 24th to 26th August, 2013, was also supported by Seva Bharti by providing medical van, doctors team and medicine.
- Seva Bharti also supported Sri Ram Navani process on 19th April, 2013, by providing with Medical van and team of Doctor.
- Bhartiya Navvarsh Samaroh Samiti has also been provided with health support by Seva Bharti’s Medical Van, Doctors and Medicines.
Health Camps Organised by Seva Bharti:
- Seva Bharti organized a free medical camp on respiratory problems on 17th Januray and 15th February 2014.
- On the occasion of Swami Vivekanand’s 15oth birth anniversary, (Swami Vivekanand Sardh Shati Samaroh), 150 health camps across Delhi was organized, where medicine and sugar strips were distributed.
- Seva Bharti organized 12 free medical camps, where 1700 patients have been benifited.